Sunday, October 12th, 2008...3:19 pm

Osbournes Show Looking for Teachers

I wouldn’t usually post a private email, but I’m sure Mr. Updyke wants me to publish this information.  It doesn’t belong on my student-run blog, but I can post it here.

Your Name: Brian Updyke
Your Email Address: [email protected]
Subject: New FOX TV Show Looking for Teachers!
Message: Hey there!

The Osbournes are coming back to TV with a brand-new comedy/variety show for FOX and we’re currently looking for real-life teachers to have as guests! One of the segments we want to do for the show involves allowing teachers to get “revenge” (in a funny way!) on a student that was a terror. The show is totally fun and upbeat, not at all mean-spirited and humiliating! Ideally, we’d want a student who gave his teachers trouble in elementary or high school and is now grown-up. Think along the lines of a student who used to shoot spitballs all the time; on our show, we’d have the teachers as surprise guests and maybe have them knock him with a giant spitball.

In doing research, your teacher site came up as one of the most popular out there and, obviously, would be a huge resource for us in getting the word out to teachers about this show. Obviously, this wouldn’t be for everyone but if there are teachers out there who are fun-loving and would just love to go on TV to get back at (in a fun way!) some of their past students who gave them a hard time, I’d love to speak with them!

No matter how big or small, we’re looking for all stories. Obviously, if you have any more questions about the show or how this will work, please let me know!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Brian Updyke
Segment Producer
Osbournes Variety Show